WELLWVU aims to educate students about sexual health and encourages students to make informed and responsible decisions. Not all students choose to be sexually active. Regardless, WELLWVU works to provide the necessary materials to keep students safer and healthy.
The following supplies are available for order: external condoms, internal condoms, dental dams, and lubricant.
To ensure maximum effectiveness, all barrier methods must be used CONSISTENTLY and CORRECTLY each time one engages in sexual activity. To learn about how to use these methods appropriately, visit our page on correct usage.
All condoms need appropriate care! Usually, when a condom breaks, it is due to user error, not manufacturer error. Make sure to:
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from sharp objects. Do NOT store them in your wallet or loose in your backpack/handbag. Do NOT leave them in your car or in direct sunlight.
- Leave room at the tip (of external condoms) so that ejaculate is collected appropriately.
- Use a new condom/dental dam for each new sex act.
- Use water or silicone-based lubricant. Do NOT use oil-based lubricants.
- The importance of adequate lubrication for condoms cannot be understated. If the environment is not lubricated enough, condoms are more likely to break! Lube also makes sex more pleasurable for everyone. Putting lube on the outside is important, but also try putting a drop or two or lube into the inside tip of the condom.
- Be cautious if using lubricant that contains spermicide. These lubricants can cause skin irritation and/or tiny abrasions that increase STI risk. These types of lubricants are rare. No condom carried by WELLWVU contains spermicidal lubricant.
- Only use one condom at a time. Do NOT use two condoms at once.
- Make sure you're using a condom that's an appropriate size for you! For measurements, see our chart at the bottom of this page.
WELLWVU offers safer sex supplies FREE OF CHARGE to all WVU students. Supplies can be ordered HERE. All supplies are available for pickup on Thursdays and Fridays, and will be packaged discretely. Please submit only one order per week.
Orders may be picked up every Thursday and Friday between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm outside the WELLWVU office, room 118, located on the first floor of the Student Health Building (same building as Student Health Services and the Carruth Center) on the Evansdale campus. Your order will be in a brown, WELLWVU bag and will have your name written on it.
The order form will reset at 1 pm on the Wednesday prior to the Thursday pickup date, after which all orders will be designated for the following week.
If you fail to pickup your order on your designated pickup date or the week after, it will be dismantled unless you reach out to WELLWVU to schedule an alternative date.
If you have further questions, please call 304-293-5054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RA or RLS? You can request a Condom Caravan tabling by filling out our Program Request form HERE.