What is it?
The American Sexual Health Association (ASHA) defines sexual health as:
Sexual health is the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout our lives. It is an important part of our physical and emotional health. Being sexually healthy means:
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than sexual behavior.
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care.
- Making an effort to prevent unintended pregnancies and STDs and seek care and treatment when needed.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
The information, education, and opinions provided by the following resources should not be construed as medical advice. WELLWVU and WVU are not responsible for the content shared by these sources.
- Planned Parenthood
- Enter Zip Code 26505-08 to find a location near Morgantown
- Sex, Etc.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Guttmacher Institute
- American Sexual Health Association
- Advocates for Youth
- World Association for Sexual Health
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States
- Boston's Fenway Health Program
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network
- Asexual Visibility & Education Network
- Trans Student Education Resources
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health