What is it?
The American Sexual Health Association (ASHA) defines sexual health as:
Sexual health is the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout our lives. It is an important part of our physical and emotional health. Being sexually healthy means:
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care.
- Making an effort to prevent unintended pregnancies and STDs and seek care and
treatment when needed.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
- Planned Parenthood
- Enter Zip Code 26505-08 to find a location near Morgantown
- Sex, Etc.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Guttmacher Institute
- American Sexual Health Association
- Advocates for Youth
- World Association for Sexual Health
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States
- Boston's Fenway Health Program
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network
- Asexual Visibility & Education Network
- Trans Student Education Resources
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health