Mental Health Training Resources
Read through the descriptions of provided trainings and select your next step!
Mental Health First Aid Training:
Sponsored by the Office of Health Promotion and Wellness and the Division of Student Life, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an evidence-based training that includes assessing for suicide or harm, listening non-judgmentally, giving reassurance and information, and encouraging professional help and self-help strategies.
The information is presented by WVU's certified instructors in a variety of formats, including virtual, blended, and in-person. There is a maximum capacity of 30 participants per training.
*Please note, this training requires a substantial time commitment. There are a few options to consider:
- Option 1: No online pre-work. Course length of approximately 7 to 8 hours, in person.
- Option 2: Two hours of online pre-work. Course length of approximately 5.5 to 6 hours, in person.
- Option 3: Two hours of online pre-work. Course length of approximately 6.5 hours, virtually.
Mental Health 101 Training:
To request either of the trainings listed above, please fill out this form.
Mental Well-being modules provided by Get Inclusive:
- Undergraduate Mental Well-Being
- Graduate Student Mental Well-Being
- Student Athlete Mental Well-Being