Alcohol Education for College
For Freshmen and Transfer Students
As part of our comprehensive alcohol and violence prevention program, West Virginia University expects new students to complete "Voices for Change" by Get Inclusive: an online, non-opinionated, science-based wellness course taken by thousands of students each year. This includes members of the first-year class as well as transfer students under the age of 21, regardless if you have taken a similar module at another institution. This module covers substance use, sexual violence, and diversity and inclusion. The information contained within the modules helps our students make responsible choices and it is vital to their success.
- Log-in instructions will be emailed to your WVU MIX account in mid-to-late July. At this time, you will have access to the log-in page.
- The course has two sections, both of which must be completed by the designated deadlines to fulfill this requirement. Failure to do so will result in a $50 charge to your student account for each missed deadline.
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately one hour to complete. You can progress through the course in multiple sittings if you choose. The modules can be completed on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is Friday, August 28th, 2020.
- About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2.
- Occasional reminders will be sent; however, it is the student’s responsibility to fulfill this requirement in a timely manner. We recommend completing the first module before classes begin.
Please note that the course includes surveys that measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
Who is required to take the modules?
- First year students
- Transfer students under the age of 21
- Note: If you have taken a similar program before at another institution, including WVU branch campuses, you are still required to complete "Voices for Change" at this time.
- Still not sure if you have to take "Voices for Change"? Contact us at email@example.com.
Login InstructionYou will receive login instructions through your WVU mix account in mid to late July. Please remember to check your mix account often as the University will see this as a primary method of contacting you.
Other Important Information
- You will need to use a computer, tablet, or mobile device with internet access and audio capabilities. Check your local library for free computer and Internet access. Also, businesses in your town may offer free Wi-Fi such as: Barnes & Noble, Panera Bread, Starbucks, and McDonalds.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student’s answers.
*More information will be added to this page as it develops. We thank you for your patience during this time of transition.