The HelpWELL App, a free app for iOS platforms, provides an easy way to track wellness trends and develop healthy self-care. The WELLWVU HelpWELL Program was the driving force to create an app that offers practical methods of self-care activities, wellness tracking, and access to a personalized support system. Mood, anxiety, sleep, and daily activities can be logged and displayed on a graph, accessible within the app in addition to export capabilities.
Developed with WVU students in mind, yet usable by anyone interested in improving healthy habits, the app allows users flexibility to customize wellness activities, reminders, and notations, so that a holistic view of one’s health can be displayed. This app is also a helpful resource for people who may be experiencing greater struggles and need assistance monitoring and improving their mental wellness habits.
- Self-monitoring of mood and activities
- Customizable reminders to log information
- Retroactive logging, special notation, and edit capabilities for detailed journaling
- Ability to add custom and favorite activities for quick input
- View the past week of the health monitor within the app, easily export data via email
- Create a personal list of support contacts
- Campus and community resource information at your fingertips
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
The HelpWELL App is available through the Apple App Store at the following link:
Any problems or bugs with the app may be reported to WVUCCCPS@mail.wvu.edu
If you have questions about the app features or the HelpWELL program, please contact Allison Cutlip at Allison.Cutlip@mail.wvu.edu
This app was developed [in part] under a grant number 1U79SM061444-01 from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of SAMHSA or HHS.